[U-Boot-Users] Re: Request to mailing list U-Boot-Users rejected

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 18 00:43:59 CEST 2006

In message <20060517155511.GQ7487 at enneenne.com> you wrote:

> My idea is:
>
> * First you should fix the au1x00 support with my patch.

Which increases  the  mess  by  adding  yet  another  set  of  mostly
duplicated files...

> * Then I'm going to move files «./cpu/mpc5xxx/usb_ohci.h»,
> «./cpu/mips/au1x00_usb_ohci.h» (which are the same file) and the other
> '*ohci.h' files into «include/usb_ohci.h».
>
> * Then I'm going to move file «cpu/mips/au1x00_usb_ohci.c» into
> «usb_lowlevel_stop()» according to the different platforms.

... before you start to clean it up?

> Please, let me know if these steps look sane to you. :)

I would expect that first cleaning up the code, and then adding a new
board to the cleaned up version is simpler and easier to understand?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their
home.      -- Ken Olsen (President of Digital Equipment Corporation),
              Convention of the World Future Society, in Boston, 1977