[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Add command support for multiple I2C controllers

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 18 00:52:07 CEST 2006

In message <1147893695.16780.239.camel at saruman.qstreams.net> you wrote:

> Attached is a second stab at a patch to allow access to multiple I2C
> controllers.  It enhances the command set by adding the following
> command, which changes the 'current' I2C bus.  Further write, read,
> probe etc. commands will deal with the newly selected bus:
>
> ibus [bus_index] [speed in Hz]

No. Please read my posting again. I want to see this as compatible as
possible with other commands that operate  on  devices  connected  to
busses. We use "ide dev ...", so I want to see "i2c dev" here, too.

As mentioned before, in the long term all i2c related commands should
become sub-commands to the new "i2c" command.

> In addition, the logic for ignoring I2C devices during a probe command
> has been enhanced to work with multiple controllers.  The software has
> been tested with new and old configurations (i.e. is backwards
> compatible).
>
> Old way of ignoring devices:
>
> #define CFG_I2C_NOPROBES {0x11, 0x22}
>
> New way:
>
> #define CFG_I2C_MULTI_NOPROBES {0x11, 0x22, 0xff, 0x33, 0x44, 0xff}

Argh... This is pretty unreadable. Can';t we just  use  an  array  of
lists?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Things are not as simple as they seem at first.        - Edward Thorp