[U-Boot-Users] U-boot problem with new codesourcery toolchain

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 18 17:29:22 CEST 2006

In message <3D9C818A98ABFF449EB80FFF9D4AADC802208219 at esebe106.NOE.Nokia.com> you wrote:

> I noticed that u-boot does not work when compiled with new arm toolchain
> from codesourcery. Debugging showed that the problem is with the global
> variable declared with DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR

It would have been nice if you had boithered to mention which version
of U-Boot you are using. Is it correct to assume  that  you  are  NOT
using the latest code from top of tree in the git repository?

Well, that's your problem. See
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=d87080b721e4f8dca977af7571c5338ae7bb8db7

This has been fixed more than 6 weeks ago.

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C67A7E.0495C596
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> <HTML>

And please, NEVER post HTML on this list!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
miracle:  an  extremely  outstanding  or  unusual  event,  thing,  or
accomplishment.                                - Webster's Dictionary