[U-Boot-Users] MPC83xx data cache lock?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 23 10:52:04 CEST 2006

In message <9FCDBA58F226D911B202000BDBAD4673026FD90F at zch01exm40.ap.freescale.net> you wrote:

> MPC83xx data cache locked all ways in u-boot. This means data cache looks like cache-inhibit. when kernel run at this u-boot, kernel don't unlock data cache, so the data cache actually run at inhibited state. I suggest we need unlock data cache after re
> locate_code in start.S file.

Can you please retrict your line legth to the usual 70 characters  or
so? Thanks.

> If unlock data cache in start.S file, we need change everything, such as BATs settings and DDR ECC test code. I have found some bugs in ECC test code.

Ummm.... Can you please  be  a  bit  more  specific?  I'm  definitely
interested   in  details.  Did  you  find  any  way  to  improve  the
[non-existent] write performance?

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C67E43.D555AAE4
>
> PCFET0NUWVBFIEhUTUwgUFVCTElDICItLy9XM0MvL0RURCBIVE1MIDQuMCBUcmFuc2l0aW9uYWwv
> L0VOIj4NCjxIVE1MPjxIRUFEPg0KPE1FVEEgSFRUUC1FUVVJVj0iQ29udGVudC1UeXBlIiBDT05U
> RU5UPSJ0ZXh0L2h0bWw7IGNoYXJzZXQ9dXMtYXNjaWkiPg0KPFRJVExFPk1lc3NhZ2U8L1RJVExF

And please, don't post HTML, especially not encoded as  base64  which
is a double PITA.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid.
                                                - George Bernard Shaw