[U-Boot-Users] USB OHCI drivers unification

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at linux.it
Wed May 31 12:34:47 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 12:29:50PM +0200, Markus Klotzbücher wrote:

> Yes, the s3c24x0 also uses this, and for now I included it (see
> S3C24X0_merge #define), although I'm not sure this is really
> necessary. At least the TRAB board worked fine without. Let's keep it
> for now.

Ok.

> I understand that the virt_to_phys() are required, but why do you need
> the ohci_cpu_to_le16 macros? They seem to be the same as the m16_swap,
> m32_swap macros?

They are useful only for better reading the code since if I see
m16_swap() I may think that the variable _must_ be swapped in any
case, but if I read ohci_cpu_to_le16() I well understand that the
variable _may_ be swapped according to CPU endianess.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127