[U-Boot-Users] USB OHCI drivers unification

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Wed May 31 14:11:30 CEST 2006

Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at linux.it> writes:

> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 12:29:50PM +0200, Markus Klotzbücher wrote:

>> I understand that the virt_to_phys() are required, but why do you need
>> the ohci_cpu_to_le16 macros? They seem to be the same as the m16_swap,
>> m32_swap macros?
>
> They are useful only for better reading the code since if I see
> m16_swap() I may think that the variable _must_ be swapped in any
> case, but if I read ohci_cpu_to_le16() I well understand that the
> variable _may_ be swapped according to CPU endianess.

Well, then we should probably use the existing macros
(include/asm/byteorder.h), but the downside is that this will grow the
diffs between the remaining ohci drivers and the generic one which will
make merging them more work. I'd prefer to leave cosmetic stuff for now,
until the other drivers are merged.

Regards

Markus Klotzbuecher