[U-Boot-Users] Which configuration?

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Wed May 31 22:11:55 CEST 2006

Norman Baier wrote:

>> Why don't you just check with the source tree you received for  your
>> device?  You  did  receive  one,  or  at  least  a link where you can
>> download it, right?
>
> I do not think they want me to have the source.

Since U-Boot license is GPL, they are required to deliver the source
code free of charge upon request (except a reasonable amount for
preparation of media and shipping).

While not disputing your right to update, what is your incentive to
update U-Boot code since it is unlikely to add any new features that you
might need in your Jukebox? If it is working fine, there is no real good
reason, I would recommend not to update boot loader.

Tolunay