[U-Boot-Users] Which configuration?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 31 16:07:42 CEST 2006

In message <20060531130723.93100 at gmx.net> you wrote:

> They have introduced a harddisk lock in their newest revision,
> that's why I suppose they will not react in any way to my inquiries.

They have to. It's law.

> As an individual I am not in a position to negotiate either.

You don't have to negotiate. Please just ask. If they don't give  you
the full sources, I will take care of it.

> The device itself is not accompanied by any written offer or any other advanced documentation or support.

OK. So they are already violating the GPL.

> The manufacurer's web page is at:
> http://www.hermstedt.de
> the product is the hifidelio. The web page is currently down, though.

Indeed.  Not  a  good  sign,  problably.  Do  you  have  any  written
information  (snail  mail  address, phone numbers etc.?) [Please send
this to wd at denx.de - no need to bother the list.]

> What I thought to have understood from your and Mr. Roese's mail is
> that with the information at hand nobody will be able to point me to
> a valid configuration?

Right. You would need  a  detailed  documentation  of  the  hardware,
ideally  including  the  schematics,  but  I guess you don;t get this
easier than the U-Boot sources.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point. Men become  in-
sensitive.
	-- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7