[U-Boot-Users] Which configuration?

Norman Baier spiessli at gmx.net
Wed May 31 15:07:23 CEST 2006

> > I do not think they want me to have the source.
>
> They may not want it, but they HAVE  TO.  The  software  is  licensed
> under  GPL  so  they have no choice. If you didn't receive the source
> code, was then your product accompanied "with a written offer,  valid
> for at least three years, to give your (and actually any third party)
> a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code ?
>
> Please let me know if this was not  the  case.  I  take  such  things
> seriously.

They have introduced a harddisk lock in their newest revision, that's why I suppose they will not react in any way to my inquiries. As an individual I am not in a position to negotiate either.
The device itself is not accompanied by any written offer or any other advanced documentation or support.

The manufacurer's web page is at:

http://www.hermstedt.de

the product is the hifidelio. The web page is currently down, though.

What I thought to have understood from your and Mr. Roese's mail is that with the information at hand nobody will be able to point me to a valid configuration?

Sincerely,

Norman
--

http://www.normiboy.ch