[U-Boot-Users] Which configuration?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 31 14:38:42 CEST 2006

In message <20060531121531.64790 at gmx.net> you wrote:

> > Why don't you just check with the source tree you received for  your
> > device?  You  did  receive  one,  or  at  least  a link where you can
> > download it, right?
>
> I do not think they want me to have the source.

They may not want it, but they HAVE  TO.  The  software  is  licensed
under  GPL  so  they have no choice. If you didn't receive the source
code, was then your product accompanied "with a written offer,  valid
for at least three years, to give your (and actually any third party)
a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code ?

Please let me know if this was not  the  case.  I  take  such  things
seriously.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He had quite a powerful intellect, but it  was  as  powerful  like  a
locomotive,  and  ran on rails and was therefore almost impossible to
steer.                          - Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_