[U-Boot-Users] How to use UBoot for S3CEB2410 board
Jerry Van Baren
gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Nov 2 13:30:35 CET 2006
Marco Cavallini wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply, but I want to config and compile U-Boot for S3CEB2410 without
>> commercial support.
>> Please help me how to customize and compile U-Boot for this board.
> First, you have to discover differences between EvalBoard and YurBoard,
> then you have to modify the existing code or add new drivers.
> The first places where to look for are SDRAM and FLASH (NAND).
> Happy hacking ;-)
1) Read the README file, that is what it is there for!
* Find "U-Boot Porting Guide:" in the README ;-)
* Read the DLUG and other documentation on the denx.de web site.
2) You need a working toolset. ELDK is highly recommended. It can be
found on the denx.de web site. I'm not getting through to denx.de,
Wolfgang was having hardware problems over the weekend, perhaps he still is.
3) Build an existing board so you know what to expect and proof out your
toolset installation, etc.
* Find "Building the Software:" in the README
Once you have some baseline experience and knowledge, you can start to
compare EvalBoard to YurBoard and hack away.
More information about the U-Boot