[U-Boot-Users] u-boot as second monitor

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 7 18:47:19 CET 2006

In message <4550A211.9070706 at dei.uminho.pt> you wrote:

> I have a TQM823L board that comes with the Mon8xx monitor. I have read
> about how to install uboot over Mon8xx, but I would like to know if it
> is possible to generate u-boot  for a different flash address and call
> it after the Mon8xx boot. If so what should I change in the uboot code?

No, this is not possible. There is no reason  to  keep  MON8xx  after
installing U-Boot anyway. You won't ever need or want it again.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If you'll excuse me a minute, I'm going to have a cup of coffee."
- broadcast from Apollo 11's LEM, "Eagle", to Johnson  Space  Center,
Houston July 20, 1969, 7:27 P.M.