[U-Boot-Users] ethernet on FCC

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Wed Nov 8 20:26:56 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 13:59 -0500, Lei Sun wrote:
> Yeah, i suppose so. I connect my host to the board with a hub, give
> them static IP, and set the MAC address to be the same as my host's
> MAC, except one byte. Then I sniff the packet on my host using
> ethereal.
Which byte do you change?  Don't touch the left-most one, as its bits
have special meaning.  When you say you 'set the MAC address', how do
you do it?  Does the 'Source Address' field in the ARP packet sent by
your board match the MAC address that you set?

> Is the MAC address being compared in CPM's micro code ?
Unicast addresses are compared to registers in the CPM, which may be
implemented in microcode but that's neither here nor there.

regards,
Ben