[U-Boot-Users] storing hush scripts

Andrew acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Thu Nov 16 08:34:26 CET 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:07:27 +0530
"Ajay Jain" <ajay050 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Infact, use (abuse) of environment variables to store the scripts
> > > is strongly discouraged.
> >
> > Who says so? I strongly disagree.
>
> Refering to the text below:
>
> here.  Note: overly (ab)use of the default environment is
> discouraged. Make sure to check other ways to preset the environment

The key word here is   .......      ^default^.
The comment is for the specific C macro to setup the default env in the
compiled image. I used it to create some standard scripts for a
standard devel setup on many boards at once.

To create and run "saveenv" to store any scripts you want on a specific
board is just fine.