[U-Boot-Users] environment problem with new board

Joe Steeve joe at sliceware.com
Wed Nov 22 05:01:10 CET 2006

I'm porting u-boot to a Sigma Designs em8620L based board. The em8620L
is an SOC with an ARMv4t core (pT-110).

I managed to get u-boot to the prompt :) However., a 'printenv' dumps
garbage on the console. I've been slightly clueless as to where to look
in the sources. Any pointers would be of help. I'm defining
'CFG_ENV_IS_NOWHERE'.

I also have defined CONFIG_COMMANDS to CFG_CMD_ALL., however I see only
the following commands when i issue a 'help' on the prompt.,

?       - alias for 'help'
bootm   - boot application image from memory
go      - start application at address 'addr'
help    - print online help
printenv- print environment variables
reset   - Perform RESET of the CPU
saveenv - save environment variables to persistent storage
setenv  - set environment variables
version - print monitor version

Is this right??

--