[U-Boot-Users] environment problem with new board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 22 09:34:48 CET 2006

In message <4563CB86.1060006 at sliceware.com> you wrote:

> I managed to get u-boot to the prompt :) However., a 'printenv' dumps
> garbage on the console. I've been slightly clueless as to where to look

Is anything else working? Does "md" work as expected? Can you "cp"
data fromone part of the RAM to the other, and verify that it gets
copied ok?

> in the sources. Any pointers would be of help. I'm defining
> 'CFG_ENV_IS_NOWHERE'.

Why are you doing this?

> Is this right??

No. You don't provide much information, but my first  guess  is  that
you have RAM problems. [Yes, that's always my first guess. But I know
that this is the cause of 99% of all initial problems.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity  when  it  comes  to
using technology they don't understand.