[U-Boot-Users] Toradex Colibri PXA270

Jason Sachs jsachs at dekaresearch.com
Wed Nov 22 16:28:18 CET 2006

I have been attempting -- unsuccessfully >:( -- to get my Toradex Colibri PXA270 to run the QNX operating system at the PXA270's full rated speed of 520MHz. Please don't ask me to go into the history of this (or ask why I'm posting here rather than asking the manufacturer/vendor in question) unless you can be sympathetic. The HW/OS choice was driven because of a few key features of QNX and of the PXA270; I am not a Linux user nor am I particularly proficient in UNIX in general, and I have my hands full working on my application program without having to worry about the OS or the bootloader functioning correctly. I just want to write my program and run the processor at full speed. Delving into OS/bootloader source code is rather daunting, let alone the possibility of having to get under the hood and make changes.

I finally got impatient enough to start poking around the source code of the Colibri port of U-boot.

When I reboot my processor, it complains "Missing Colibri config block" -- when I look at the source code, it reaches this point because it's expecting to find a MAC address other than all 0's or all F's, and it quits a setup step which would otherwise set the PXA270 core frequency.

Has anyone else here run into this problem and figured out a way to properly set the Colibri config block?

--Jason
----
This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by e-mail administrator at dekaresearch.com and destroy the original message. Thank you.