[U-Boot-Users] Booting ELDK 4.0 kernel on MPC8548CDS

Demke Torsten-atd012 torsten.demke at motorola.com
Thu Nov 23 09:01:30 CET 2006

Hi Thoomas,

I see a similar problem when using of-tree. My debugging shows
that the of-tree address given to the kernel is outside the memory
region that can be accessed by the kernel at start-up (defined
by CFG_BOOTMAPSZ), thus the kernel crashes very early without any
output.
(IMHO this is a bug.)
If you are using CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE _and_ "disable_of" ist likely that
you see the same behaviour, because in that case the "bootm" code
still uses the of-tree address (char *of_flat_tree), after copying the
standard bd_info data to that address.
You could check the pointer that is given to the kernel for the
board info data (line 967, parameter 1 of (*kernel) (...))
(or change (*kernel) ((bd_t *)of_flat_tree,...
to (*kernel) (kbd,...)

Regards,
Torsten