[U-Boot-Users] viewing files on JFFS2/NAND flash

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Mon Nov 27 21:40:30 CET 2006

I have implemented the macros for JFFS2/NAND flash access and can do an
mtd, mtdparts or ls command, like this:

I8000E> mtd
device nand0 <atx-0>, # parts = 3
 #: name                        size            offset
mask_flags
 0: rootfs1                     0x01000000      0x00000000      0
 1: rootfs2                     0x01000000      0x01000000      0
 2: MPUapps                     0x06000000      0x02000000      0
active partition: nand0,0 - (rootfs1) 0x01000000 @ 0x00000000
defaults:
mtdids  : nand0=atx-0
mtdparts: mtdparts=atx-0:- at 1m(jffs2)
I8000E> ls
rescan: First time in use
Scanning JFFS2 FS:  done.
******The directory Entries******
******The fragment Entries******
I8000E>

However, my problem is that I have written some files from Linux onto
these three partitions and then when I reboot, I do not see the files
from u-boot.

If I then do a complete boot to Linux, I can ls the files from linux and
display their contents.

There must be something silly I am doing (or not doing) that precludes
me from viewing the files on the JFFS2/NAND flash partitions that were
written from Linux.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to offer a suggestion or two for a
way to move forward.

Charles