[U-Boot-Users] arm1176 port related query...

Hemant Pedanekar hemantp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 06:15:57 CET 2006

Hello All,

We are planning to port U-Boot on board having arm1176. I see that the
current uboot supports arm1136 but not arm1176 yet.

My initial assessment is that I shout be able to use cpu/arm1136 code as is
(cpu/arm1176) at lest for early init since both are armv6.

Could you please let me know if my guess is correct?

Also, I even hope that I could use complete arm1136 code as is owing to  the
difference related to secure mode, TCMs, Smart Cache and a few debug related
changes.

Is this right?

Thanks,
Hemant.