[U-Boot-Users] Open Firmware support questions

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Mon Oct 9 20:58:44 CEST 2006

Jon Loeliger wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 08:36, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
>> Hi All,
>
> Hi Jerry,
>
>> I've been working with the u-boot OF support and have some questions,
>> but don't know who to ask.
>
> Well, several of us (Matt, myself, Mark Greer, Vitaly, etc)
> might be able to help some.
>
>> It appears that Pantelis Antoniou submitted the original ft_build.[ch]
>> code <http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=2238> but there is
>
> Yes.
>
>> no copyright or license information in the files.  Are these files his
>> or did they come from somewhere else?
>
> He wrote them and made them freely available.

OK, but even if they are in the public domain, that still needs to be
declared because (in the USofA at least) stuff is copyright by default.
  With no disclaimers the files are assumed to be copyright with no
licensing for us to use them.  IANAL, your lawyer may disagree :-)

[snip]

> Well, if you managed to coordinate your patches
> with the work Matt, Vitaly and I have been doing,
> it would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> jdl

Absolutely!  Thanks for the hints of where to look for existing work.

Best regards,
gvb