[U-Boot-Users] backtrace question

alayrac christophe christophe.alayrac at cresitt.com
Thu Oct 12 16:32:20 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug i2c xilinx code to be abble to store environment in
EEPROM.

My code is stoppped at address 0x3FC1078, the relocation address is
0x3FA9000. The TEXT_BASE address use to build u-boot is 0x2000000.

So if i'm not wrong I should use backtrace with the address :
0x2000000 + ( 0x3FC1078 - 0x3FA9000).

Is that right?

The example in
http://www.denx.de/wiki/bin/view/DULG/DecodingUBootCrashDumps sounds
strange, and in my case I will have a negative address. I think that
there is an error in the example.

I'm coming to you beacause the backtrace (download from denx ftp)
process start properly but then hang up and did not give any results.
	alayrac at debian-ca:~/u-boot$ ./backtrace System.map 0x2018078
	Reading symbols from System.map
	Using Address Offset 0x2018078
Any track?

Chris