[U-Boot-Users] debug u-boot using bdi2000

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Oct 13 20:44:23 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 18:23 +0000, Reeve Yang wrote:
> Shall I use bdi telnet interface to set hardware break point or use
> gdb, or they are the same?

I think you can only set/change the mode using BDI, but am not a GDB
expert.
>  I set break point mode into "HARD", then using gdb set break point,
> it never stops; if I use bdi interface to set, I saw following message
> when continue in gdb:
>
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
> Warning:
> Cannot insert breakpoint -31.
> Error accessing memory address 0xfff00100: Unknown error 4294967295.
Does your BDI session mention at this point that there are no available
breakpoints?  Before setting a breakpoint in GDB, type "del".  This will
clear any existing breakpoints.  The equivalent command in BDI land is
"ci"

> I think we should be able to use software break point in RAM image,
> right? I really appreciate if you could give a hand on this issue. I
> need it urgently to debug further issues.

You can use either type in RAM, but you'll find soft ones to be much
more convenient.  You obviously have bigger issues to work through
first.

Have you contacted Abatron (or your Abatron representative) for help?
They're usually extremely helpful.

regards,
Ben