[U-Boot-Users] Can u-boot work for PC?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 17 23:23:26 CEST 2006

In message <45348BF2.000055.03554 at bj163app78.163.com> you wrote:

> I've been thinking this question for long time.There's only one
> supported board of x86 arch. But it's different with PC. There's no
> flash on PC's board, so where should u-boot be stored? I think it may

Most boards do have flashon board. They use it to store the BIOS.

> be hdd, correct? And PC have rom-bios. I'm trying to make u-boot work

Usually that's not ROM, but flash.

> for PC and find it so difficult.Is there anybody has done this work?
> Can the source for sc520 board be used on PC with some fix?

If you accept that "some fix" is a  big,  non-trivial  project  which
requires  an  intimate  knowledge  of your mainboard and it's chipset
(including access to related developer's documentation which  is  not
easy to find), then the answer is yes.

> --Boundary-=_gMjHNhHsEgLJFXECEXXnzjcpfxxp

Please never post HTML here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore. It's too crowded.