[U-Boot-Users] ixdp 465

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 20 09:32:24 CEST 2006

Dear Michael,

in message <453877C8.10103 at evidence.eu.com> you wrote:

> >Ummm... which patch are you referring to?

Areghhh. Please NEVER send patches to my address. Always send these
through the mailing list only, so others can comment on these, too.

> diff -raN u-boot-1.1.4.orig/Makefile u-boot-1.1.4/Makefile
> 1614a1615,1617
> > ixdp465_config : unconfig
> > 	@./mkconfig $(@:_config=) arm ixp ixdp465

Such a plain diff output is not a patch, it cannot be applied. Please
make sure to read the README, section Submitting  Patches.  You  MUST
use the correct options when creating the patch.

Also mind the size limitations on the mailing list.

And make sure to stick  to  the  required  coding  style,  your  code
contains lots of problems (indentation by spaces instead of TABs, C++
comments, trailing white space, etc.).

Also never add change log entires to any files. We use git for this
purpose.

Make sure your code does not contain dead code (#if 0 etc.).

Please cleanup and resubmit.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I'm a programmer: I don't buy software, I write it.
                                                  -- Tom Christiansen