[U-Boot-Users] Flash Programming Time

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 20 14:57:15 CEST 2006

In message <F6726C3E89A64840A5E10310E342A38F01BE953E at xchback01.back.harting.intra> you wrote:

> i upgraded my Board to the Spansion 128Mbit S29GL128 Mirrorbit Chip.
> This chip is specified with about 2 minutes programming time by use of
> the internal 16 word write buffer.
> With U-Boot 1.1.4 standard algorithms for AMD AM29LV128M i stopped about
> ten times more for programming the whole chip.

What exactly do you mean by "standard algorithms" - that would be the
CFI driver. Are you really using this? Did you set
CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE in your board config file?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Brontosaurus Principle: Organizations  can  grow  faster  than  their
brains  can manage them in relation to their environment and to their
own physiology: when this occurs, they are an endangered species.
                                                - Thomas K. Connellan