[U-Boot-Users] how to add 'bmp' command

Carlos Ojea nuudoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 12:49:26 CEST 2006

Hello:

I am using uboot-1.1.3 with a davinci board and I want to add splash
screen support.
As a first step, I wish to test the 'bmp' command. According to
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootBitmapSupport, adding the
CFG_CMD_BMP option to my CONFIG_COMMANDS should add bmp to the list of
commands in U-Boot.

So I changed the following line in 'include/configs/davinci.h' :
#define CONFIG_COMMANDS	(CONFIG_CMD_DFL | CFG_CMD_PING | CFG_CMD_DHCP
| CFG_CMD_NAND | CFG_CMD_BMP)

But I get an error when I try to compile with that commands:
make[1]: *** [.depend] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/caroje/davinci/UBL/uboot_nand/u-boot-1.1.3_02/common'
make: *** [common/libcommon.a] Error 2

Anybody knows why?

Also, adding #define CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN to
'include/configs/davinci.h' should also implicitly enable U-Boot
Bitmap Support.
I don't get the compiler error in this case, but uboot doesn't have
the bmp command.

Thanks and Regards,
Carlos