[U-Boot-Users] bootm command and flushing cache

Warren L Dodge warrend at mdhost.cse.tek.com
Mon Oct 23 23:37:22 CEST 2006

Sorry, I just figured it was a generic problem with anything that used a
data-cache that didn't write out to memory completely until flushed.

It is a Xilinx FX12 power pc system on a board which is not yet in the u-boot
code base. It is similar to a Xilinx ML403 board. It does use the data-cache
for the ram address area.

#define CONFIG_405              1       /* This is a PPC405 CPU         */
#define CONFIG_4xx              1       /* ...member of PPC4xx family   */

I'll also mention my initial image for my hello_world was only 350 bytes.

In my case a flush worked since I had never executed code in that address
space. I would assume that the instruction cache should possibly be
invalidated in case some other code had been loaded previously into this
new images address space.

Let me know if you need more information. This is my first endeavor into this
low level software so I probably don't know all that is required by you to
solve the problems.