[U-Boot-Users] Sector size with CFI driver?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Oct 31 22:40:40 CET 2006

Tolunay Orkun wrote:

> It looks like you are using a bottom boot block flash and there are 8
> smaller sectors of 8KiB and 127 larger sectors of 64KiB. You will have
> to debug the 1.1.5 version to see why it is not seeing the 8 small
> sectors. If both builds are using cfi_driver.c then a bug must have been
> introduced recently.

I defined CFG_FLASH_EMPTY_INFO and ran some tests.  I tried erasing the last
two sectors, both 0x10000 bytes in size, at FEFE0000 and FEFF0000.

After I erase FEFE0000 and do "flinfo", an "E" appears after the FEFE0000.
When I copy data to FEFE0000 and do "flinfo" again, the E disappears.  So far
so good.

However, no matter what I do, I can't get an "E" to appears after the
FEFF0000.  In addition, the only way I can erase that sector is with "erase
feff0000 feffffff".  Any other end-value gets me a "end address not on sector
boundary" message.

Could this be a hardware problem?

--
Timur Tabi