[U-Boot-Users] Sector size with CFI driver?

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Tue Oct 31 22:59:21 CET 2006

Timur Tabi wrote:
> Tolunay Orkun wrote:
>
>> It looks like you are using a bottom boot block flash and there are 8
>> smaller sectors of 8KiB and 127 larger sectors of 64KiB. You will have
>> to debug the 1.1.5 version to see why it is not seeing the 8 small
>> sectors. If both builds are using cfi_driver.c then a bug must have been
>> introduced recently.
>
> I defined CFG_FLASH_EMPTY_INFO and ran some tests.  I tried erasing the last
> two sectors, both 0x10000 bytes in size, at FEFE0000 and FEFF0000.
>
> After I erase FEFE0000 and do "flinfo", an "E" appears after the FEFE0000.
> When I copy data to FEFE0000 and do "flinfo" again, the E disappears.  So far
> so good.
>
> However, no matter what I do, I can't get an "E" to appears after the
> FEFF0000.  In addition, the only way I can erase that sector is with "erase
> feff0000 feffffff".  Any other end-value gets me a "end address not on sector
> boundary" message.

A couple of things.

1) End address should be the last byte of the sector.
2) 8MB of flash based on 0xfe000000 should end at 0xfe7fffff. Your
address range is behind this.
3) In previous message you listed your configuration having 2 banks. Do
you really have two banks of flash? (each having 8MB? with a total of
16MB) If not correct that two 1 bank.
4) Check the syntax of erase command. You can specify the erase range in
terms of block numbers instead of addresses as well.