[U-Boot-Users] Status of OF in TQM8540 and linux-2.6.17.11

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Tue Sep 5 13:13:24 CEST 2006

Hi There!

I've just updated a TQM8540-AB module on the STK85XX with the latest
git-tree of: U-Boot 1.1.4-gf60ba0d3 (Sep  4 2006 - 16:09:19)
with the default configuration (make TQM8540_config) which worked fine.

Now I try to boot a current linux kernel - the vanilla 2.6.17.11
with the default tqm8540 config but it doesn't show any sign of life
yet (I'm about to start to enable early printk and debugging stuff).
An old linux-2.6.13-rc7 which I had for my Microsys PM854 board starts
to boot fine, so U-Boot works fine with the old kernel.

I remember that there was a discussion that the ppc people planned to
implement OpenFirmware for more flexible board initialization.
How is the current status of OF support in U-Boot?
Are there any tips&tricks to consider regarding that point?

Thank you,
--
Clemens Koller

http://www.anagramm.de