[U-Boot-Users] Status of OF in TQM8540 and linux-2.6.17.11

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 5 14:19:57 CEST 2006

In message <44FD5BD4.9090406 at anagramm.de> you wrote:

> Now I try to boot a current linux kernel - the vanilla 2.6.17.11
> with the default tqm8540 config but it doesn't show any sign of life

Please use the kernel from our repo instead; see
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-denx.git

> I remember that there was a discussion that the ppc people planned to
> implement OpenFirmware for more flexible board initialization.
> How is the current status of OF support in U-Boot?

This has nothing to with this.

> Are there any tips&tricks to consider regarding that point?

Yes, use a working kernel. Not all our patches have been accepted
upstream, and we have some lag with re-submissions.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
backups: always in season, never out of style.