[U-Boot-Users] cc-option (invalid option abi=apcs-gnu)

giulio fedel giulio.fedel at yahoo.it
Sun Sep 10 10:45:04 CEST 2006

Hi,
 in my system (suse 10.0, u-boot 1.1.4) I changed the config.mk in the top directory to have the at91rm9200dk compiling. The problem is that  cc-option is called in the CPPFLAGS definitions before CROSS_COMPILE being defined later in the Makefile, so the option validity check is performed against gcc and not arm-linux-gcc or whatever. I don't know if it's a Make behavior that differs for other versions (mine is 3.80). Moving the cc-option def to the end of the config.mk does the work form me (also setting CROSS_COMPILE as environment variable before doing make at91rm9200dk_config).
 I think that the people reporting "invalid option `abi=apcs-gnu'"  error in the list have the same problem (and the same solution :-) )

 Giulio