[U-Boot-Users] Standalone Ethernet question

Alex Stewart kingsquirrel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 03:59:53 CEST 2006

Hi,
   Im bringing a custom made AT91RM9200 based board to life. I've got u-boot
1.1.4
running happily. Ethernet support in u-boot is also working. So I can TFTP
apps into the
board. What I want to do is right a standalone APP that can serve up a web
page.
I've ported over Adam Dunkels uIP stack and think Ive got that done fair
enough.
On to my question! Im writing the interface between uIP and u-Boots
networking functions.
Right now Im trying to make heads or tails of it. I've exported (via
EXPORT_FUNC) eth_send
and eth_rx. I can send packets out on the wire (thank you ethereal) but
receiving is proving to
be a challenge. When I call eth_rx, and it returns a value > 0 how do I
reference the raw packet
from within a standalone app?

Im still trying to think of the best way to do this, at the moment I created
an extra function

volatile uchar *cludge(void)
{
    return rbfp->addr & RBF_ADDR;
}

which I use after eth_rx tells me there is a packet to play with (I cpy the
packet into a uip_buf which the uIP code uses)
The weird thing is, only the IP header makes it through. I see the source
and destination and header length, and then garbage values. Im guessing this
is do to me miss understanding what Im doing.

So any guidance? suggestion on how to access raw packets a lil more
elegantly then my cludge?
Cheers!
-Alex Stewart