[U-Boot-Users] ethernet over usb

Bryan O'Donoghue typedef at eircom.net
Tue Sep 12 15:39:45 CEST 2006

Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:

> I've actually transferred u-boot.bin over such a link via USB as part of
> my testing for usbdcore_mpc8xx, so if the transfer of files is what you
> are after perhaps just implementing usbdcore_au1100 yourself and using
> the higher layer usbtty.c would suffice, for your purposes.

Just reading what I said there, I'll expand a little bit.

Since you want to TFTP over the USB, from your point of view, there is
no reason not to use CDC_ACM/g_serial and just do a kermit binary
transfer and save yourself the effort of doing Ethernet over the USB.

All you'd really have to do is implement usbdcore_au1100 and just do a
straight forward kermit binary transfer .. with the 8xx and both CDC_ACM
and g_serial, it works well enough for me.

Still if you are going to do some of the ethernet side ... it would be a
good excuse for me, to stay out of the pub !

Bryan

- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.