[U-Boot-Users] ethernet over usb

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at linux.it
Tue Sep 12 15:28:10 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 02:39:45PM +0100, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:

> Since you want to TFTP over the USB, from your point of view, there is
> no reason not to use CDC_ACM/g_serial and just do a kermit binary
> transfer and save yourself the effort of doing Ethernet over the USB.
>
> All you'd really have to do is implement usbdcore_au1100 and just do a
> straight forward kermit binary transfer .. with the 8xx and both CDC_ACM
> and g_serial, it works well enough for me.

Let me explain better my situation. My board have a serial line and an
USBdev as I/O interfaces. In linux I'm going to use the serial line
for the console and the USBdev for rootfs and other network
activities. I'd like to do the same into u-boot in order to have a
serial console and a TFTP file transfer.

Do you think that I can use the current implemented software (apart
the usbdcore_au1100) for my purposes?

> Still if you are going to do some of the ethernet side ... it would be a
> good excuse for me, to stay out of the pub !

:)

Thanks,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127