[U-Boot-Users] New and updated patches sent to U-Boot maintainer

T Ziomek ctz001 at email.mot.com
Wed Sep 13 22:01:41 CEST 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Keith J Outwater wrote:
  . . .
> 1.  add-xilinx-drivers (new).  This patch adds drivers for Xilinx FPGA IP
> cores to the ./drivers subdirectory in U-Boot.  Now all boards using
> processors contained in Xilinx Virtex FPGAs can use a common set of
> drivers. All drivers use GPLed code taken from either the MontaVista Linux
> kernel sources or U-Boot itself.  Drivers have been tested with the ANT2
> and memec_2vpxx boards.

If you're willing, given that this is FPGA-based I think it would be wise
to document not only the boards (physical hardware) that are supported but
also the specific versions of FPGA-based "hardware", e.g. "PLB EMAC v2.00f".
In my experience this has been a problem with things like the Linux ker-
nel; there is no indication of what version(s) of FPGA-based hardware a
given driver is designed for.

Tom
--
   /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign   |
   \ /                          |   Email to user 'CTZ001'