[U-Boot-Users] Newbie questions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 14 23:47:51 CEST 2006

In message <1158269782.16415.87.camel at saruman.qstreams.net> you wrote:

> I don't know of any way to put the bootloader there.  Not to mention
> that I2C EEPROMS are typically very small and slow.  You can store your
> environment info in the I2C EEPROM, though.

But this is *strongly* discourages. If  possible,  put  it  in  (NOR)
flash, and consider using a redundant environment.

> There may be some tricks that others can share, but I'm not aware of any
> telnet or other network login servers that have been ported.  There's no

Then RTFM: see for example doc/README.NetConsole

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's nothing  disgusting  about  it  [the  Companion].  It's  just
another life form, that's all. You get used to those things.
	-- McCoy, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8