[U-Boot-Users] keeping build date and time up to date

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Sep 16 00:50:15 CEST 2006

In message <030701c6d8fc$ca4f9850$7934800a at RudiDell> you wrote:

> I was looking at how U-Boot gets the date and time in the version string and I
> noticed that it doesn't get updated for each build.  I'm using an arm-based

Who says it should?? ;-)

> I'm attaching a patch that builds the entire version string (including date and
> time) just before linking U-Boot so it's always up to date.  Key features of the
> patch are:
> -VERSION_FILE = $(obj)include/version_autogenerated.h
> +VERSION_FILE = version_autogenerated.c

Here you ruin the new support for building in a different directory.
Check you patch for other, similar issues.

Also, all of this looks overly complicated to me. If the  time  stamp
is important to you, run a "make clean" first ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please divide by 0  and  try
again.