[U-Boot-Users] stand alone application

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Apr 1 21:39:19 CEST 2007

In message <9779774.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> How could I ensure that control is passed to the entry point of my
> standalone application, which I designate, running in the PowerPC

You enter the correct entry point address as argument of the go
command. You are expected to know what you are doing.

> environment, if the start address is confined to 0x00040000? I would expect
> that, some how, the standalone application has to inform U_boot where the
> start address is, before U_boot could get to the correct entry point. Please
> correct me if I am wrong. Thank you again.

Did you bother to read the FAQ? I guess not. See especially
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork

> kow9loon wrote:

AND STOP TOP-POSTING / FULL-QUOTING!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
War is never imperative.
	-- McCoy, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2