[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for MTD partition

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:44:33 CEST 2007

On 4/2/07, harsh poshtiwala <hiharsh at gmail.com> wrote:

Please don't spam the list with multiple copies of the same msg.

> 1,How can i create MTD partition ?

you define the mtd partition layout in your flash

> 2,Do i need to have MTD utilities ?

yes

> 3,If yes what are the steps to integrate it ?

use mkfs.jffs2 to make a jffs2 image under linux
load said image into flash with u-boot
make sure your u-boot has the correct mtd supoort built in
set up the uboot environment to point to your jffs2 data in flash

> can i achieve above from u-boot promt?

no

> I would appreciate your guidence /documentation that shows me
> entire procedure  to get me going on this stuff.

RTFM.  start with the mtd-tools docs and the u-boot README.  I haven't
seen an all in one one complete lazy man's guide for this.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.