[U-Boot-Users] ECC testing/error injection

vb vb at vsbe.com
Wed Apr 4 06:20:01 CEST 2007

[adding the CC and some more questions]

No, It turns out that my tree (an internal company view) does not
include the doc directory! I just downloaded the 1.2.0 distribution
and see the directory and the document now.

Kim, thank you very much for pointing it out.

Now I had a quick look at the doc the testing procedure is exactly
what I thought it was, but it does not work on my system, (i.e. I
don't see the error counter incrementing). I wonder if there is
something extra to be done on the 85xx platform when compared to 83xx.

One thing which comes to mind is that 85xx has an L2 cache, which 83xx does not.

Another question is why the code disables/enables instruction cache
around the error injection part - should it be disabling/enabling data
cache instead?

Also, does disabling the L1 instruction data/cache automatically
disables L2 caching as well?

thanks again,
cheers,
\vb