[U-Boot-Users] Added a custodian status page to denx.de/UBoot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 5 02:24:56 CEST 2007

In message <891383.24029.qm at web313.biz.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > I think you should use branches on your local
> > repository, but not  on
> > the custodian repo. There, I want to see no
> > branches.
> >
> Hmmm.  I thought branches would provide an excellent
> way of putting experimental code 'out there'  (i.e.
> code that's not intended for short-term upstream
> merging).  Is this bad?

I don't know. We will have to learn all together how this  works  out
best.

So far my impression is that git is stil very  new  to  most  of  the
users  (and  even  some  of  the  custodians) so I would like to keep
things as simple as possible.

Please feel free to try out how others accept such  branches.  I  can
deal with them - just let me know exactly whre to pull from.

But please keep in mind that we just added one level of complexity to
the end users by switchign from one central "official" repository  to
so many separate custodian trees. Adding branches to these trees adds
another level of complexity, and my feeling is that this will confuse
most users. But I may be wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In a survey taken several years ago, all  incoming  freshmen  at  MIT
were  asked  if  they  expected  to graduate in the top half of their
class. Ninety-seven percent responded that they did.