[U-Boot-Users] Added a custodian status page to denx.de/UBoot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 5 16:15:16 CEST 2007

In message <4614E885.6090702 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> I would like to give branches a chance.  They have been supported since
> RCS (or before) so most people are familiar with the concept, if perhaps
> not the actual use.  I find branches in git are very usable and
> extremely useful.

Please don't hesitate to go on. You are right, no other SCM system  I
know makes branch handling so easy. On the other hand, please keep me
out  of  this  -  such  branches  shall  be  your  own  playground as
custodians. When you send me a pull request, I always  want  to  pull
from  the  master  branch. I don't even want to know if there are any
other branches, or how many of them, or  what  for.  So  you  do  the
merging, please, not me.

> I've added a section describing the use and status of (the) branch(es)
> in my custodian repository:
>    <http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/UBootFdtInfo>
> Now I can simply reply "RTFM" (as if /that/ ever worked ;-).

It works, if you do it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you hear an onion ring, answer it.