[U-Boot-Users] Added a custodian status page to denx.de/UBoot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 5 16:09:17 CEST 2007

In message <000201c7776d$fde43300$821ba8c0 at Emea.Arm.com> you wrote:

> 	Now I believe I can push branches to the u-boot-arm repo

Yes, you can do that.

> (I was reading gu-arm as git-arm - I should use bigger fonts.....)

The "gu" prefix is just our internal market that the user ID is for a
"[g]it [U]-Boot" repository.

> I was hoping to push each patch that I approved up to the u-boot-arm as a
> branch,
> for others to test.

I'm not sure if this is actually a good idea. It may quickly create a
mess of branches.

> Then I would ask you to merge from it when testing was complete.

Please don;t. I want *you* to perform the merging, and when this  was
successful,  to  send  me a pull request. This way, I can always pull
from your master branch and don;t have to care if there are  hundrets
of branches in your tree and what is for what.

> Then I would delete that branch when merged.....

You cannot delete anything in a git repository. Onc created, i remains
there forever.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do not simplify the design of a program if a way can be found to make
it complex and wonderful.