[U-Boot-Users] Added a custodian status page to denx.de/UBoot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 5 21:16:25 CEST 2007

In message <27d85ee10704050821j19a6bbd8j19e820b8ee47727d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have some patches in hand, and they are not common enough to be
> committed into mainline, but they are really useful for the user.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. If they are usefulk  to  many  people,
then why are they "not common enough to be committed into mainline"?

> So, I'm thinking, keep two branches in the git repository,
> one is for upstream, I put everything needed to this branch request
> Wolfgang to review and merge;
> the other is master, I apply all unacceptable patches on this branch,
> so that user can clone it and simply build to get a more feature
> u-boot.

OK, just do it exactly the other way round: master is  for  upstream,
and  you can have a "testing" or "cutsom" or whatever branch for your
local stuff.

But please note that the main task of the custodoian is to help merge
code into mainline, *not* to nurture code split.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Pull the wool over your own eyes!"                - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs