[U-Boot-Users] prob. faced in UBoot with 64MB SDRAM

Nethra nethra_gmit at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 10 14:32:18 CEST 2007

Hello,

I m using U-Boot 1.1.2 for custom board similar to MPC8272ADS board.

On board it has 64MB Micron SDRAm and 16MB AMD flash.

When Uboot is configured for 16MB SDRAM it works fine.

A)But the same Uboot after doing necessary changes in OR1 to configure it
for 64MB SDRAM.it fails to comeup properly.

So for 16MB
OR1:0xFF0030C0
for 64MB
OR1:0xFC002CC0

and other SDRAM register value remain the same

BR1                   0x00001841
PSDMR               0x8266B73E

PSRT                0x4B

MPTPR               0x1300

when we debugged the Uboot through BDI we found that it always hangs after
relocating the code in SDRAM.
 but we ar not sure what could be the reason.....

B) Also we found that same uboot for second board with same SDRAM and FLASH
it comes up properly.
And after configuring boot arguements environment variables.It will download
the kermel image
and after uncompressing kernel image and mount NFS properly.
But when the root prompt comes board will get reset and again start
executing uboot.
and this get repeated in a loop.

C) One more observation on the second board where uboot comes up properly
and kernel +Ramdisk boot arguments are configured.
both kernel +Ramdisk image will be copied from tftp and start executing
properly without any problem.

As far as HW is concerned both the board is same w.r.t to components
mounted.

kindly help in this respect with possible solution.

Thanking you.