[U-Boot-Users] Still trying to get a stable 2.6.20.4 running on 8349ITX evalboard

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Fri Apr 13 02:49:34 CEST 2007

Kim Phillips <kim.phillips at freescale.com> wrote on 04/12/2007 04:02:51 PM:

> [switching over to u-boot-users]
>
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:58:17 -0700
> Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com wrote:
>

> > about memory timing I remembered that the 8349itx u-boot port allows
the
> > choice of using SPD for detecting the DDR RAM or using hard coded
defaults
> > in the memory controller.  I figured what the heck, I'll give the hard

> > coded values a try even though they were probably wrong for the
particular
> > part I've got installed.  And the bloody thing ran!  I had it
executing a

> I just applied the last spd patch I had in my queue to the
> u-boot-mpc83xx.git tree on denx.de.  Can you please pull & test?
>
> Kim

Your patch didn't seem to make any difference so I'm going spend the next
few days trying to figure out why (it may very well be that the memory
module we have in the board isn't a correct one for SPD to work tho it's
what shipped in the board so I would expect it to be correct).  Since I
know very little about DDR RAM and SPD it may take me a few days to figure
out what's going on.  On the flip side I may be a good person to figure it
out because I'll suspect everything and take nothing at face value since I
know nothing.  ;)

I'll keep you posted.

Bruce

This e-mail may contain SEL confidential information.  The opinions
expressed are not necessarily those of SEL.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
distribution or other use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender, permanently delete it, and destroy any
printout.

Thank you.