[U-Boot-Users] [GIT PULL] AVR32 update: relocation and a coupleofother things

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Mon Apr 16 02:30:24 CEST 2007

Haavard Skinnemoen wrote:
> The following changes since commit 6c9ba919375db977aaad9146bf320c7afd07ae7a:
>   Wolfgang Denk (1):
>         Update CHANGELOG
>
> are found in the 'for-upstream' branch of the git repository at:
>
>   git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-avr32.git for-upstream
>
> This request has been posted twice before:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/osdeve_mirror_boot-loaders_u-boot/browse_thread/thread/7c2d50a77c310966/90f030e73cef6bf6?lnk=gst
> http://groups.google.com/group/osdeve_mirror_boot-loaders_u-boot/browse_thread/thread/3cd6ae1384844f3/f9db0d0380f575df?lnk=gst
>
> with no feedback, so I can't honestly say that this stuff has been
> reviewed. It's been, however, 5 months since I wrote the tricky bits and I
> haven't had any problems with it. Besides, the existing code has quite
> a few problems that the new code doesn't have:
>   * It runs directly from flash, which makes it different from other ports.
>   * The FAT filesystem can't be used because it makes the .bss section too big.
>   * The generic cfi code can't be used because code dealing with flash
>     needs special annotations so that it can be locked in the cache.
>
> Now, the new code doesn't actually _use_ the generic cfi code yet, but
> this set of changes makes it a lot easier to throw away the custom
> flash code later.
>
> Please let me know if you want this stuff in a different form or something.
>
> Håvard

Is this why I'm having so much hassle getting the ngw100 board to
compile in git HEAD ? eg. 'board_init_f' missing. If thats the case, I'd
appreciate a kick in the right direction on how to apply the patches
myself (never having used git apart from getting the u-boot tree in the
first place).

I'd really prefer to start with HEAD than the patched 1.1.4

Thanks (hopefully in plain text this time)

-- Robin

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.