[U-Boot-Users] Testing todays u-boot-fdt

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Apr 19 15:19:08 CEST 2007

Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> Jerry Van Baren wrote:
>> Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>>> Hi Jerry,
>>>
>>> I gave the fdtlib of your git://cideas.us/pub/scm/u-boot/u-boot-fdt.git
>>> a try on my Icecube board. I got it built with the attached patch.
>>> libfdt was actually not made and the second hunk fixes a warning
>>> (=bug?). Then I was able to read and list a blob in memory:

[snip]

>> The bad version error is because you are running a version 16 blob and
>> you need a version 17 blob to allow modifications.  David Gibson has
>> an intention of upconverting a v16 to v17 as part of libfdt, but
>> neither of us has gotten around to doing it yet.
>
> OK, I can now update the FDT, apart from "mknode", but have still
> problems booting Linux-2.6.21-rc7. Should it already work?

Probably not.  I've only done this on the MPC8360eMDS.

Looking at the "ToDo" table it says that
   ./board/icecube/icecube.c
needs modifications to ft_board_setup() and
   ./cpu/mpc5xxx/cpu.c
needs modifications to ft_cpu_setup() (you should be able to copy what I
did for ./board/mpc8360emds/mpc8360emds.c and ./cpu/mpc83xx/cpu.c with
some minimal mods).

If that isn't the solution, I don't know where the problem lies.

[snip]

> Thanks.
> Wolfgang.

Good luck,